Charges of rape against musician Sjava By Lady Zamar has been thrown out.
Lady Zamar opened the case of rape at the local police headquarters last year and it had been passed on to the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) for a choice on whether to prosecute.
According to Sowetan Live, Limpopo police spokesperson Colonel Moatshe Ngoepe confirmed that the case against Sjava was declined for prosecution fortnight ago.
“Last year the case docket was handed over to the senior prosecutor for a choice .
“On November 5 , the case docket was withdrawn by the director of public prosecutions at court,” he said to the publication.
After the allegations were levelled against him, Sjava maintained his innocence. In August this year, he released a video during which said he wasn’t a rapist.
“I am not a rapist. I even have for years been advocating for (against) abuse of any kind, any shape or form, be it women or children abuse, even alcoholic abuse ,” said Sjava.
Sjava said he believes what really led to things between him and therefore the “Collide” hitmaker was the incident at his One Night With Sjava concert where he introduced his ‘wife’ to the audience.
He stated that he understands that Lady Zamar felt disrespected and embarrassed by the incident.
“I apologise for putting her therein awkward situation where she felt embarrassed and was made to feel less of an individual because people starting seeing her as a side chick, and scolding her for dating a husband .”
“I also would really like to apologise for not loving her the way she wished to be loved,” said Sjava.
NPA spokesperson Mashudu Malabi-Dzhangi said: “The state declined to prosecute the case because it believed the facts or evidence don’t support a successful prosecution.”
Calls to Sjava and woman Zamar went unanswered.